Monday, December 8, 2008

I should have tried out for American Idol...


Last night I got to go see Carrie Underwood in concert. She is really awesome. I know she thanks her lucky stars she decided to try out for American Idol. Little Big Town opened for her. If you are not familiar with them, look them up. They are one of my favorite groups.


Back to American Idol... when I was little I always wanted to be a singer. I might have been horrible in some eyes, but I thought I was fantastic. I knew 100% I would be on a stage one day. I think the only talent show we had when we were little was Star Search and of course my parents would have never flown me somewhere to try out for a show. Now American Idol comes to almost every city so it is very easy to try out. I wonder if I would have actually tried out if things were like they are now. I will have to send everyone a picture of me in my singing days. I think I would have definitley got to go to Hollywood because you cant turn down a chunky girl with glasses that made her eyes bigger than her head.

I guess the dream is long gone.


Back to the concert... Now you know something embarrassing happened at the concert. I made the mistake of drinking a beer (they are $9.00 by the way!) when we got to the concert so I had to use the bathroom ALOT. Let me add we were in the middle of the row so we had to bother like 8 people including a pregnant girl and her baby daddy (who knew EVERY word to all of Carrie's songs, he is her #1 fan i do believe.) I made my brother go with me to the bathroom so after we got past our row we made it down to the bathroom. I got in and out, then went to the concession stand to get Tim a beer. I was standing in line when a girl came up to me. I thought she was about to compliment me on my new pink jacket I just bought. NOPE, she got in my ear and said TOILET PAPER. I looked down and there it was...... not only did I have toilet paper on my boot, but I guess it was still connected to the roll in the bathroom because I couldnt see where it ended! I could have easily wrapped someone up like a mummy with all the toilet paper I had dragged out of the bathroom. I quickly got it off but then started laughing so hard i was crying. I tried to yell at Jeff for not telling me but I couldnt quit laughing so then Jeff was now laughing uncontrollably. (maybe it helped we had had 2 $9.00 beers, haha) The last funny part was when I went to order tim's stuff. I was still laughing and had tears rolling down my face. I ordered and the lady said "It's ok honey, I love Carrie too." I guess she thought I was crying because I am obsessed with Carrie. I didnt care because this meant she didnt see the roll of toilet paper I had brought with me to the stand. So that was my night. I sang, I laughed, I embarrassed myself and then I went home. It was a good night.

1 comment:

mrs007 said...

that is hilarious! I had toilet paper stuck to my little black ballet flat a couple of weeks ago in a bar in Athens, GA. I got all the way back to the table and put my feet on a chair when I saw it.

I was in a bar filled with cute little college girls and then that happened....I am just classy like that I guess :)